This curry is an authentic Indian dish called RAJMA and everybody loves it. A combination of rajma with boiled rice would be yummy. It takes time but it’s worth it. This dish has a very important place in my life because for my first meeting with my husband, I prepared this delicious dish with rice, he ate it and said wow! It is so yummy. So, today I am going to share one of my favorite recipes, Rajma…..
- 1 cup red kidney beans (rajma)
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 green chili
- 3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt
- 1/2 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander powder
- Take 1 cup of red kidney beans, wash them well. Then add 4 cups of water and soak them overnight or 5-6 hours.Soaking helps to make them soft.
- Now cut the onions as well as the garlic into small pieces and make a paste together in the blender by adding some water as required.
- Then take the tomatoes, green chili and the small piece of ginger, cut them in small pieces and make a paste together by adding water as required.
- Next put 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a pressure cooker or an instant pot and heat it.
- Oil should be hot when you put the onion-garlic paste in it and you should hear it sizzling..
- Saute until it turns golden brown,
- Now add the tomato, ginger and green chili paste and saute until the oil starts separating.
- Then add all the spices like salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder and saute for 1 minute.
- Now add 1/2 cup of water, stir it, cover it and saute for 2 minutes on medium.
- After that you can see all the oil will be separated and it turns red.
- Then add the soaked red kidney beans along with the soaking water and mix it well with a ladle.
- Now cook this in a pot or pressure cooker until soft but not mushy.
- For the instant pot, cook it on high pressure for 20 minutes and wait for it to release pressure naturally.
- For the pressure cooker, cook it for 15 minutes on medium heat with vent weight and wait for it to release pressure naturally.
- Now your delicious kidney beans are ready to eat. Serve them hot with rice or flatbread.
- There is a suggestion for making it restaurant style, you can add 2-3 tablespoons cream and mix it well.
- You can garnish this with cilantro leaves.