Pav bhaji is a famous fast food in India. It’s very delicious and consists of a thick vegetable curry with different spices. It is a buttery dish served with dinner rolls. Here’s the recipe for this tangy pav bhaji….
- 4 potatoes
- 3-4 cauliflower florets
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup of raw / frozen peas
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 chopped tomatoes
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons salt
- ½ tablespoon red chili powder
- ½ tablespoon garam masala
- ½ tablespoon turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons pav bhaji masala
- 2 tablespoons red paprika powder
- ½ cup butter
- 1 lemon
- 1 pack of dinner rolls
- First take the peeled potatoes, cauliflower florets, diced carrot and peas (if you use raw peas) together in a pressure cooker then add 4 cups of water and boil until 4 whistles. (Or boil in a covered pot for 15 minutes.)
- Strain the boiled vegetables, then mash them with a potato masher.
- Now take 2 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan, heat it, then add chopped onion and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Next add chopped green pepper and ginger garlic paste, saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add chopped tomatoes as well as salt, stir and saute for next 2 minutes.
- Now add the rest of the spices like red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, pav bhaji masala, red paprika powder and mix altogether. At this step you should add 1/2 cup of water and boil for 1 minute.
- Next add boiled mashed vegetables, mix well and add 2 cups of water.
- After this mash it continuously for 15 minutes with a potato masher.
- Then put cilantro in it and add ¼ cup of butter, keep stirring for the next 5 minutes.
- Now take another nonstick pan, heat it on medium.
- Cut the dinner rolls longitudinally at the center with a bread knife.
- Spread butter on the dinner rolls and toast them for 1 minute on both sides.
- Garnish your bhaji (curry) with cilantro and butter.
- Serve it hot with buttery & toasted dinner rolls.
- Squeezing the lemon over the curry gives more of a tangy flavor.
- Serve with chopped onion and get the feeling of street food stalls.