There is a story behind this recipe… Last night my husband wanted to go outside for dinner but that was not possible because it was too late and all the restaurants were closed.Then I prepared a tangy dish with rice, vegetables and some spices. Due to its tangy flavor, I named it TANGY VEGETABLE PULAO and served it with yogurt. My husband loved it and that was awesome. So I would like to share my tangy recipe with you….
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 cups chopped green, red and yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 chopped boiled potato
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chili
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons pav bhaji masala
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- First wash rice 2-3 times and soak for 15 minutes. Then strain the rice and discard the water.
- Boil 5 cups of water in a saucepan. When it starts to boil, add 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of vinegar to the water and mix well. Add the rice and boil it for 6 minutes.
- Strain the boiled rice, put on a plate and set aside.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a wok. Sizzle cumin seeds and then the chopped green chili in it.
- Fry the ginger garlic paste for 1 minute (on low heat).
- Then saute all chopped veggies together for 5 minutes (on medium heat).
- Now add the chopped tomato as well as 1 tablespoon salt (which helps to soften the tomatoes).
- At this time add all the spices like red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and pav bhaji masala (the pav bhaji masala gives a different tangy flavor to this recipe).
- Lastly add cooked rice and mix it well.
- Serve it hot with yogurt.
- You should try papadum with this tangy pulao. It would be like heaven…